Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What I learned from this class.

I have learned so much from this class. I don't even know where to begin. First of all I learned about blogging. It was a great experience and I learned how it could be useful for my future as a teacher. Dr. Strange had us watch different videos that were very interesting. It makes you think how you can better your classroom.
He showed us all the free things that were available with google. This will be a good resource when I start teaching. We did presentations off of google. I also did spreadsheets. This was pretty cool. If you didn't know what you were doing it can be frustrating at times. On our iGoogle page Dr. Strange showed us how to have a instant messenger to talk to different people. There is so much available that is free on google.
Dr. Strange also talked about "Burp Back" education. I totally agree with him. Teachers shouldn't be teaching students things that they have to study and then forget. I just had a Health class this semester and it was a waist of my time and money. He was teaching us "Burp Back" education. I learned nothing! I wanted some hands on activities like CPR or what signs to look for in a abused child and when to report it. Something that I could use for my future as a teacher. Thanks Dr. Strange for all your help. I have learned a lot and will use it as a future teacher.

No comments: