Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Positives and Negatives of Blogs in the classroom.

This is my first time using a blog. If it wouldn't have been for this class, I might have never done one. That would probably be the reason to why teachers are not using blogs in the classroom. They don't know how to do it or are not comfortable with it. I read over Angela Heyer's blog from my class. She also has never done a blog before. I believe that she, like myself would have never done a blog, if it wasn't for this class.
I think all teachers should use blogs for their class. It helps parents know what is going on in the classroom. Also if the students are sick, then the parents can look and get their child up to date on their school work. The teacher can post the child's work for all to see. Videos could be posted for students to watch, educational games, etc. There is so much that can be done. The possibilities are endless. That's the great thing about technology. The only negative part that I can think about, would be if parents or student's don't have a computer. That could cause some conflict and limit the activities for those students. Although they do have computers at the public library, available for use.

No comments: