Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Contact Project.

We had to contact someone in a different area and carry on a conversation on different aspects in technology. Well one of my blog topics was on, "Is there enough time in the school year?" Barry Bachenheimer is a professor at Montclair State University in New Jersey. He made up a video about 180 days being in the school year. He shows all the waisted days (sixty days) that are lost in throughout the school year. My teacher assigned us to watch his video and to write about our thoughts. As I was in Class one night, I realized that I had a comment on my page. I clicked on it and it was Mr. Bachenheimer. This was so cool! He asked me of my thoughts on what could be done to change the waisted days. By not being a teacher yet and just taking the beginning of the education classes, I'm not quite sure. So I figured who better to ask different aspects of technology then Mr. Bachenheimer himself. I wrote him and said, "As you may know from looking at my blog, I'm going for Elementary Education. I've never done blogs before and mine is still a work in progress. What do you think about (young) students blogging and how will it benefit them?" He responded back and said, "I think anything that gets kids writing, interested in writing, and collaborating is a good thing. If blogs accomplish this goal, under teacher supervision for young learners, then I am in favor of it!" I had asked him a few more questions but I know he has a busy schedule and hasn't responded.
This was a really neat project. Being able to interact with others from other parts of the country is the great thing about technology! I appreciate Mr. Bachenheimer's time!

No comments: